How Blended Learning Benefits Students ?April 23, 2019 2023-03-27 4:45
How Blended Learning Benefits Students ?
How Blended Learning Benefits Students ?
Blended Learning is a direct approach towards technology by which students can learn creatively. It is gaining high popularity in the last two years in terms of education. Most importantly, it is an example of a digital space through which past classroom methods of teaching are abolished.
Keep reading to know more about the Benefits of Blended Learning.
Table of Content:
- Why blended learning is becoming popular these days
- Let’s put some light on various models of blended learning to understand them properly:
- Rotation Model of e-learning
- Face to Face driver model of blended learning
- Remote blended learning method
Different educationists have defined blended learning in different manners. It is one of the finest platforms to enjoy the supreme qualities of both worlds. It is also known as hybrid learning, web-enhanced instructions, and technology-based instructions. If we talk about terminology, it was the first to come to light in the 1960s and it took around 20 years for it to establish.
Blended Learning has been progressively used to describe the importance of e-learning. It is merged with the conventional methods of teaching and electronic study so that a new methodology is created. This is a very innovative way to teach students so that they will take more interest in their studies. It is a convenient method to utilize costly time productively.
Mainly, professional institutions use this to give the best knowledge about the concerned courses like MBA courses, aviation, hospitality, and many more. There are many methods of e-learning to include- flipped classrooms, distance education, virtual learning, adaptive e-learning, and experiential learning.
Why Blended Learning is Becoming Popular These Days:-
- Online quizzing makes the students recap the entire syllabus again, remembering all the facts and figures.
- Different learning ideas are interesting to implement.
- Get a chance to feel and do real-life examples so that knowledge increases.
- The learner can do their work according to their speed.
According to some innovators, blended learning is generally classified into three parts, and those are: –
- Where the teacher itself teaches students in a group in those boring classrooms.
- Many institutions offer online training material. It may be pre-recorded or through some apps which is easy to read anywhere and anytime.
- Building skills in the form of practical experiences, keeping in mind the real-life scenario.
In this learning, teachers don’t pressurize students to learn everything by heart. Rather, educators slowly increase the level of work that they do online. As e-learning comes into work, the word ‘teacher’ has been replaced by the ‘facilitator’, which brings a singular focus and caliber on the subject.
By doing this, they used to teach students, practically emphasizing skills for further development.
The actual focus of the facilitator is in four main areas: –
- Explaining content- which is both online and offline so that the pupil deeply understands and never forgets.
- Make them work independently so that their communication and understanding level grows to make them set in a professional environment.
- Most importantly, this grading and assessment are not considered being significant because different students have the different caliber to understand things.
Nowadays, Blended Learning is becoming popular because of organized activities instituted in various programs like MBA courses, management, hospitality, pharmacy, and others. Numerous institutions provide blended learning programs and students’ unconditional benefits from these schools of e-learning.
Firstly, they get to know how different companies work. For example, one of the best MNCs named Wipro technologies provides their employees online courses and they also give extra classes so that they score better with proper guidance.
Just assume a school in a district wanted to give students valuable and beneficial learning experiences without enlarging their expenditure. In this scenario, blended e-learning is the best option. Research states that blended e-learning supplies excellent results as compared to traditional classroom setups. As technology is growing at a fast pace, the methodology of teaching is changing a lot, giving students the best environment.
Let’s put some light on various models of Blended Learning to understand them properly:
Rotation Model of e-learning
It is a very interesting model to make study engrossing and innovative. In this learning, there is a continuous rotation between online and offline classes. This method is precisely adopted in various elementary schools, mainly in America, so that skills can be developed among students.
Through this learning, the achievement of students multiply. They can touch the sky of success. Students learn with the help of diverse software. And this results in the students becoming agile learners ready to hit any big challenge.
Face to Face Driver Model of Blended Learning
This model is a typical method of teaching where the teacher gives a lecture to students in an enclosed classroom. Different types of models in blended learning depict various methods of teaching through numerous techniques. This model of teaching becomes very helpful in teaching languages. Through this method, the scores of different standards have increased considerably.
Remote Blended Learning Method
This enriched learning process is very informative and interesting. In this, the facilitator gives online work to students and, while doing this work, the former students meet the educators occasionally. As a result, the habit of working independently inculcates in students with full dedication.
Self-Blend Classroom Learning
It is a widely used blended e-learning model in which students get the opportunity to attend classes on what they have previously studied in school. In this type of learning, self-motivation is a constant requirement to implement the work.
Online Driver Model of e-learning
This method of e-learning gives students a chance to do projects online and face-to-face classes are optional. Moreover, students can chat with their educators to do their work. This model is a hit among people willing to work in an independent environment with more flexibility.
Individual Rotation Program of Hybrid e-learning.
This allows students to shift through stations for work planned by educators. It’s not important to change their stations, but if the teacher has formed a list to do, then only he/she will do it.
Labs Model of e-learning.
It is also one of the models of blended e-learning where students work practically as well as it is compulsory to attend traditional classrooms.
In this type of Blended Learning, the internet is playing a tremendous role in integrating the material of courses easily. Through this learning, social interaction with peers improves. Blended Learning is growing at a rapid pace because it is cutting down the walls of traditional teaching with online learning. It is also called collaborative training, where students can learn various things related to the real-a life scenario. It is more effective e-learning than various boring classrooms teachings. Moreover, it is giving us flexible timing and full independence so that pupils can learn at their own pace. In the corporate sector, this type of e-learning has tremendous benefits; –
- Reduction of training costs is one of the best benefits of Blended Learning. It gives a chance to a student who has financial concerns, especially for MBA courses.
- You can easily access this training program anytime and anywhere because it is available 24/7.
- The training experience will be getting more personalized to search for content that they want to.
- Their skill level improves with the modern learning management system.
- Blended learning has cut down the cost of pricey textbooks.
- The software of blended learning automatically collects student data measuring the overall progress of the child.
The national council of teachers of English has described the social nature of digital learning, keeping in mind the various aspects related to students. The skills which are set by this council prepare the workforce to work better and connect themselves in the professional aspect.
Let’s put some light on the benefits of Blended Learning on students: –
Improve learning effectiveness in students
It is the best method to give learners their study material according to their convenience. The reason behind this is the availability of material online, which is easy to access. Most importantly, the learner can learn in his stride. In this, the learner works more efficiently and does much work in less time.
Communication Level Increases
Better communication leads to the best results, which are also good for business as well as courses of management, like MBA courses. Indeed, after doing these types of online courses, you feel confident working in a professional environment. While working online, you can update your learners with recent assignments, results of online tests, and various things involved in the course.
Working in a Group
If you are working with an organization, doing big projects with a team is a recent scenario. So, this Blended Learning teaches us how to work in a team. Blended e-learning gives the chance to students to involve themselves in discussions related to the course and to give functional feedback. Side by side, it leads to improvement in academics, and engagement level also increases.
Other than this, Blended Learning offers various benefits to teachers and students distinctively. Now we will discuss some of the advantages of blended learning to children, keeping in mind the real-life skill: –
- It is an important medium through which students get a chance to prepare themselves for the future to climb the ladder of success.
- Responsibility level improves so that if they work with any company, they know how to complete work responsibly.
- Ironically, he /she can be an excellent decision-maker.
- While doing online work, computer skills improve a lot.
Let’s Talk About Some Of The Benefits of Blended Learning On Educators: –
- In this, the educators can easily lane their student’s progress regularly.
- Because of numerous teaching approaches, the teaching style will improve readily.
- The teacher works hard to teach students while indulging them in various activities related to real life.
- Blended learning gives the teachers accurate feedback while working so that they can improve their teaching methodologies.
- The teachers are motivated to teach and reach out to students in a more approachable way. Most importantly, the earning capacity increases.
- Get a chance to show leadership roles while teaching pupils.
In all walks of life, including school to organizations, Blended Learning has become crucial. It is another try to make students interested in taking studies, not as a burden. It is not like creativity is always without mistakes, but with the help of educators, it can be over look. The students taking the courses through blended learning confront many opportunities and climb the ladder of success.
Feel free to connect with our expert counsellor for more information about MBA programs.