The coursework of the Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology offered by OTHM consists of more advanced topics like principles of business operation, database development and analysis that the students are required to learn about in depth. Graduates will possess the ability to completely understand the IT environment, comprehend technical problems and provide accurate solutions with ease. They are able to meet the need for updated professional with valuable knowledge of business systems and their operations. Completion of this degree will qualify students to pursue a successful career in this field or continue further education in the IT sector.
- The Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology qualification is offered to learners from the age of 18 and onwards.
- Applicants must also possess relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Diploma or equivalent.
- If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology consists of 6 mandatory units of 20 credits each. This adds up to a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours of Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH).
- Software Engineering (20 credits)
- Database Systems (20 credits)
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Management Information Systems (20 credits)
- Network Information Systems (20 credits)
- IT Project Management (20 credits)
All units completed by the student are evaluated internally by the center as well as externally by OTHM. Learners are granted a “Pass” if their performance is agreed to have met the learning outcomes and standards expected by the assessment criteria. This decision is taken by the concerned assessor.