The Level 5 Diploma in Business Management offered by OTHM aims to provide thorough knowledge regarding all business-related functions and operations. OTHM intends to incorporate a wide range of skills and abilities into their students to prepare them for placements in any sort of organization. Students will learn in depth about topics like human resource, management of work and people, business law and ethics etc. Completion of this course enables graduates to study further or qualifies them for placements in private or public sector businesses. They are prepared for proving their capability in a wide range of placements like business administration, HR, management, marketing etc.
- The Level 5 Diploma in Business Management qualification is offered to learners from the age of 18 and onwards.
- Mature learners over the age of 21 must have some management experience.
- Applicants must also possess relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Diploma or equivalent.
- If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units of 20 credits each. This adds up to a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours of Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH).
- Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Project Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
- Accounting for Managers (20 credits)
- Business Law (20 credits)
- Business Ethics (20 credits)
All units completed by the student are evaluated internally by the center as well as externally by OTHM. Learners are granted a “Pass” if their performance is agreed to have met the learning outcomes and standards expected by the assessment criteria. This decision is taken by the concerned assessor.