The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management aims to furnish learners with skills and abilities required for placements in the health and social care field at a managerial level. This course aims to offer learners a coursework that builds a strong understanding of policies and theory of management in healthcare setups and is ideal for learners aspiring to further their knowledge in this area. They will gain in depth knowledge about topics like management of resources, communication, safety and security etc. that are essential for them to pursue a successful career in this sector or study further in-depth in this direction.
- The Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is offered to learners from the age of 18 and onwards.
- Mature learners over the age of 21 must have some management experience.
- Applicants must also possess relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 diploma or equivalent recognized qualification.
- If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management consists of 6 mandatory units of 20 credits each. This adds up to a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours of Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH).
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Professional Development in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Health and Safety in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Assessment Processes for Effective Health and Social Care Delivery (20 credits)
- Managing Resources in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
All units completed by the student are evaluated internally by the center as well as externally by OTHM. Learners are granted a “Pass” if their performance is agreed to have met the learning outcomes and standards expected by the assessment criteria. This decision is taken by the concerned assessor.