The Level 4 Diploma in Business Management offered by OTHM aims to build business professionals with a strong foundation of business-related topics like communication, functions, understanding the environment, research and finance, marketing, research techniques etc. Extensive knowledge of these topics is essential for any individual aspiring to continue in this field. Graduates possess various cognitive and commercial skills like critical thinking and analysis, communication strategies etc. that enhance their employability. Completion of this course enables graduates to study further or qualifies them for placements in private or public sector businesses in varied sectors like administration, human resource, marketing etc.
- The Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is offered to learners from the age of 18 and onwards.
- Mature learners over the age of 21 must have some management experience.
- Applicants must also possess relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification.
- If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units of 20 credits each. This adds up to a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours of Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH).
- Research and Academic Writing (20 credits)
- Business Environment (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Functions (20 credits)
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)
All units completed by the student are evaluated internally by the center as well as externally by OTHM. Learners are granted a “Pass” if their performance is agreed to have met the learning outcomes and standards expected by the assessment criteria. This decision is taken by the concerned assessor.