Graphic and Video Designer
Graphic and video designers create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner. This incorporates several tasks and responsibilities.
- Design web pages, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, digital and conventional advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Create these materials by using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
- Meet with department heads to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Select type size and style to enhance the readability of text and image.
- Produce drafts for review and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect specifications.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the advertisement/film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Uphold and suggest creative video and design style standards
- Create rough and final cuts
- Edit social media broadcasts, and small video projects
- Design graphics for video and social media advertisement and newsletters
- Manage post-production assembly
- Dubbing and subtitling content
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Solid experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Lightroom, and Canva)
- Demonstrable video editing and graphic design ability with a strong portfolio and reel
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Knowledgeable and proficient in lighting, cinematography, and sound.
- Color correcting and audio mixing
- Work effectively under tight deadlines
- Flexible with creative direction